Silver Supporter
Apr 9, 2019
Houston
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
good evening, I was prepared to open the pump trap basket but after multiple attempts to twist off the lid, it does not budge. the pressure was released and pump turned off prior to making the attempt. I am afraid it will break if I put anymore pressure and heavy weight in the attempt to twist it off. I literally tried more then 10 times and I can't get it to turn even a tiny bit.

Appreciate any tricks or suggesting.

thanks,

Attachments

• IMG_3523.jpg
    IMG_3523.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_3524.jpg
    IMG_3524.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 13
A light tap with a rubber mallet should be enough to loosen it so you can hand-turn it the rest of the way.
That's what I have to do sometimes as well. Be patient and it should eventually work loose.

good morning,

I've tried every suggestion offered, rubber mallet, stick, metal rod, while pump is running and the darn lid doesn't move at all, not even the slightest. I was concerned I would break the handle or loosen the pipes attached to the unit. Two of us tried, one holding the unit and me hitting the handled and/or the stick I had in the handle, and it doesn't budge.

I can see there's some trash in the basket, it doesn't look like a lot but it's there and I was hoping to clean it out.

not sure what else I can try.

In your first post you said the pressure had been released. Did you open the bleed valve on top of the CCP420 and let the system drain?

Well. I guess you just wait until you really have to get it off. Like an air leak at its gasket or two much trash in the basket such that it impedes flow. It might last until the pump needs to be replaced -------

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.