momofede

Apr 8, 2021
Texas
We recently had to replace our pump due to winter freeze. Replaced with an Intelliflo Pro3 VSF.

Gunite Pool is 18x36 sport pool, 4.5 ft on ends, and 6.5 ft in middle. It’s a salt water pool, using Intellichlor Salt Chlorinator. No pool heater.

Located in North Central Texas where it’s 99 degrees today (April).

What settings/ programs would you recommend setting up for this type / size of pool?

Mom,

You should run a pump for a reason...

In your case, the number one reason is to generate the chlorine your pool needs. I would experiment and find out at what speed your SWCG just turns on.. add about 100 RPM and use that as the slowest speed you ever want to run..

The second reason to run the pump is to skim the pool. Look at your skimmers and if they work well at you SWCG speed, you are golden.

In my case, 1200 RPM works very well for both.

I run my IntelliFlo 24/7, as I like to make a little chlorine all the time and I like to skim all the time. I also like the look of my pool when there is a little motion to the water.

I also have a faster Lazy-River speed that my wife and I like when we are floating in the pool.

What features do you have that would require a faster speed??

Thanks,

Jim R.

Jim, thanks for the reply.

Question- in my intelliflo dashboard, in the programs; it gives me an option to set up a program by speed (in percentages), or by flow (in GPM).

What percentage should I begin testing it at to see if the SWG turns on?

No fancy features in our pool. Just two skimmers.

Thanks again for the advice.

Mom,

I'd set the pump to 25% and see if the flow light on the cell was green..

If green, then slowly decrease the speed in 5% increments until the light turns red. Then slowly increase the speed until you get the green light again. Then add a little just to makes sure it stays green.

You will just have to experiment to get what you want.

I have no idea why they used % on the IntelliFlo3, and RPM on every other IntelliFlo they make... :(

Thanks

Jim R.

Mom,

I'd set the pump to 25% and see if the flow light on the cell was green..

If green, then slowly decrease the speed in 5% increments until the light turns red. Then slowly increase the speed until you get the green light again. Then add a little just to makes sure it stays green.

You will just have to experiment to get what you want.

I have no idea why they used % on the IntelliFlo3, and RPM on every other IntelliFlo they make... :(

Thanks

Jim R.
Thank you for this advice.