Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Autopilot Digital Nano+ PPC2
Hi guys,

New pool owner, and having trouble figuring out appropriate pump run time, especially with an auto cover.

I tried figuring out the TDH of my setup, but I have no idea the length of pipe and joints running under ground. I do know its 2" pipe and my pump is pretty far away from my pool, around 25'. I have 2 skimmers, 2 main drains in deep end and 2 sheer descent waterfalls. I'm currently running it 24 hrs, 12 hrs at 50% and 12 hrs at 25%

I obviously want my pool clean and sanitary as a top priority, but also dont want to waste energy. Another factor is I find the pump quite loud and is on the side of my house where my neighbors cam hear it, so would prefer to run lower (any tips on how to reduce noise as well?)

Any guidance?

Thanks,

Joe

Joe, when it comes to run time, it boils down to a few simple needs really:
- Water surface skimming
- Mixing chemicals
- Vacuuming/Cleaner
That's it. As long as you are comfortable with those items as they apply to your pool, all is good and the pump can be off. The cover helps a bit with debris. Mixing chemicals should be fairly quick, and vacuuming may be minimal. So if you can, simply cut back on the run times if that helps.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.