Destrehan, Louisiana
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Aquapure 1400
Of course when you get a new pool built the builder just hands everything over and says good luck. I have seen some posts from people with two speed pumps running them on low speed only to save on electricity cost, unless they are using spa or water features. I have attached a picture of my pump and salt cell and wanted to get some advice on ideal run times for low speed only and if my salt cell will produce adequate chlorine on low speed only and if there is a big upside to low speed only. Thanks in advance for any advice.

Attachments

• 20200513_095047.jpg
    20200513_095047.jpg
    531.4 KB · Views: 8
  • 20200513_095107.jpg
    20200513_095107.jpg
    356.2 KB · Views: 9
SWG chlorine output doesn’t vary with flow rate. As long as you are above the minimum flow rate to satisfy the flow switch, then your cell will produce chlorine at its specified rate.

Pump run time in your pool will be entirely determined by how much FC your pool uses and how well the SWG can keep up with that Fe and. Most pools only need a few hours of circulation to remain physically clean.

Please update your signature with your pool equipment info and size/volume of your pool so you can be better helped. If you use the PoolMath App, you can setup all your SWG info in it and it will tell you how much FC/dayyou are adding as well as allow you to log and store test results and Chemical additions.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.