Pump replacement - newbie questions

ajonesaz

Sep 12, 2019
Gilbert AZ
Hello, so I just replaced my pump on my hot tub, direct replacement for the most part so it was fairly simple. However, my old pump had a barbed connector connected to one of the drain plugs that did not fit in the new one. The only one I can find for that pump after a short search has a wrong tubing size. MY question: what is this for and why do I need it? The answers from Google are all over the place and so are the opinions on if I actually need it. I have heard it primes the pump, purges air to prevent airlock (which I can do manually if needed) and prevents water from freezing in the pump (which doesn't make sense).

Can the experts here tell me what that inlet/outlet is for and if I actually need it?

All of the above, depending on how it's plumbed. I would get the barbed adapter that fits the pump then adapt that hose up or down to the hose you have. Home Depot has a large selection of barbed fittings and I have yet to be unable to put something together.

Reactions: ajonesaz
All of the above, depending on how it's plumbed. I would get the barbed adapter that fits the pump then adapt that hose up or down to the hose you have. Home Depot has a large selection of barbed fittings and I have yet to be unable to put something together.
Thanks, I will try to get some pics, it looks like it is just plumbed into the jets?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.