Pump on Fire

navis

Nov 25, 2017
Temecula
My pentair intelliflow pool pump got slightly submerged when I was doing some plumbing repairs. After the repairs, I turned on the power and my pump caught on fire briefly before the breaker flipped off. I'm guessing there was some water in the electrics.. Is there a way to tell if only the controller is damaged, or do I need to replace the whole pump?

N,

Well, it is not going to magically fix itself, so you can't make it any worse...

I suggest that you dry everything out and then fire it back up and see where you are.

Where did you see the flames? Or was it just smoke? (not that smoke is any better)

Thanks,

Jim R.

I'm expecting to spend some $$$.. question is do I need to get a whole new pump, or do you think I can get away with just a controller...

Attachments

• 20220808_111926.jpg
    20220808_111926.jpg
    353.3 KB · Views: 24
  • 20220808_111946.jpg
    20220808_111946.jpg
    359.1 KB · Views: 24
That's some significant damage to both the drive and the motor. I think you'll have to replace. However getting hold of a new Intelliflo is going to be hard, but an alternative could be the new Whisperflo VST.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.