Texas
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-30
3 year 4 month old pool and Pentair vsf pump stopped working. It is getting power, but keypad isn’t on. How can I check if it’s the keypad or the actual pump that is not working? Ultratemp HC is having issues as well. Expansion valve and reversing valve to be replaced this week. Could that cause vsf pump to shut down? It’s impossible to find a repairman and I’d like to diy or have my hvac friend replace. He works on my HC.

Js,

How did you confirm that your IntelliFlo is getting power???

Did you test using a volt meter between the two hot leads right at the pump and get 240? Or did you test L1 to ground and then L2 to ground??

Thanks,

Jim R.

Power off the Intelliconnect (found in your other thread). Then remove the RS485 line from the pump. See if the pump will work as standalone.

Pool repairman came and dx bad communication cable. He told me to order this - 356904z and I haven’t been able to get ahold of him in over a week so my husband installed it. Keypad and pump still don’t work. I just disconnected the rs485 wires and the plug into pump and that didn’t work either. My brother is coming to test voltage later so hopefully that will tell us something.

Last edited:
Js,

How did you confirm that your IntelliFlo is getting power???

Did you test using a volt meter between the two hot leads right at the pump and get 240? Or did you test L1 to ground and then L2 to ground??

Thanks,

Jim R.
We tested both and it is getting 240 at the pump as well. Keypad and pump still won’t come on.

Power off the Intelliconnect (found in your other thread). Then remove the RS485 line from the pump. See if the pump will work as standalone.
That didn’t work. How can you test to see if it’s the keypad or the pump or both? I’m assuming the pump won’t run if the keypad is out.

Have you contacted Pentair for a warranty claim? If this pump was installed as a package, it had a three year warranty. It is at least worth looking into.

Otherwise, start shopping for a new pump I believe.

Have you contacted Pentair for a warranty claim? If this pump was installed as a package, it had a three year warranty. It is at least worth looking into.

Otherwise, start shopping for a new pump I believe.
That’s the kicker…warranty expired end of April. I do have a home warranty that should cover it, thank goodness. I finally found a repairman to come back and check it tomorrow. Thanks for the help!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.