Pump Noise - help!

Jul 6, 2018
Florida
My pump is making a strange sound, approximately every 40-50 seconds. At first I thought something may be jammed in the impeller, but I've cleaned that out as best I could and its still making the noise. I've included a link to the video below, the sound of the pump changes towards the last bit of the video. (I've since emptied the skimmer basket too, just FYI ;-) I have the pump turned off now because I didn't want any damage to occur.

Any ideas? Thanks for your help!

First thing I would do is turn off power to the pump, remove that clear lid to the strainer pot, and clean-out all that debris. You appear to have a lot of leaves in there, and the water level (prime) appears to be low as well. Once you open the lid and clean the basket, I would also (with power OFF) reach into the pump where water enters to the impeller and see if any debris got lodged in there. If so, remove it. Reassemble everything and see if that helps with the noise and keeping that strainer pot fill of water. Let us know how it goes.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.