Pump motor leaking

Your motor is described as a 3/4 full rate or a 1 hp uprated motor, both of which have a total of 1.25 HP.

You can get a single speed motor or a variable speed motor or maybe a new pump.

The upgraded seals are definitely worthwhile to use over the cheapo PS-200.

You can probably replace the impeller with a 355043 if you go with a single speed motor to save money on electricity if you don't have a heater.

That will take a smaller motor of 1.0 hp.

Last edited:
Instead of replacing the motor, try putting epoxy in the impeller threads and then screwing the impeller on the make it watertight and secure.

Just be careful not to use so much that it leaks out and gets on the seal.

Maybe just screw on the impeller and then put epoxy into the hole to seal the hole and then allow it to dry.

Reactions: theicejester
I would replace the seal and then screw on the impeller and fill in the hole with an epoxy putty like PC11 or Plastaid.

Make sure that the epoxy is smooth and not lumpy so that you do not make the impeller off balance.

Give it 12 hours to dry.

Reactions: theicejester
Both the seal and motor shaft look to be in very poor condition. I think something failed and tore up the shaft. I don't think the motor is salvageable.
Maybe the threads on the shaft can be re-cut by someone with the appropriate die set. It's a cheap fix that might save you from an expensive purchase of a new motor.