Pump making odd noise

Your pump does not sound that bad to me. The bearings may start wearing but it does not yet have the high pitched whine of bearing failure.

On a couple of occasions my Hayward pump has made unusual noises. Both times, it turned out to be obstructions in the blower. Once it was a lizard that got caught up in there. Another time it was debris of some kind. Worth taking a look at to see if it might be the problem.

On a couple of occasions my Hayward pump has made unusual noises. Both times, it turned out to be obstructions in the blower. Once it was a lizard that got caught up in there. Another time it was debris of some kind. Worth taking a look at to see if it might be the problem.

I think you mean obstructions in the pump impeller. It is worth checking.

I may not have stated it well, and I guess it could be in the impeller in this case. But my pump has a fan blade that spins when the pump is in operation. The fan has a cover with a grid opening, and sometimes stuff gets in there. On both occasions when I had strange noise problems, that's what it was.

OK, the fan on the back of some pump motors. Could be something there also.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.