Pump help

Lindseyc123

Sep 11, 2019
MA
Please help,

installed a pool and used it last year. Just opened it and pump was running. Now no lights showing on the pump. I checked breakers and everything seems good.
This is a pentair super flow VS. any thoughts to see if it’s the pump or power?

You can test the leads going to the pump and see if it is getting power... Do you have a surge protector on that pump? If not you really need one..

Thanks so much for responding. I’ll send a pic. Not sure how to test the leads. I’m panicked bc we just opened and are hoping to try and keep cleaning but can’t if pump is off :(

I’m still figuring Jbg this out. First pic I’m not sure what it’s for but semt incase.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    456.2 KB · Views: 24
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    667 KB · Views: 14
Lindsey,

Either the pump is bad or it is not getting power. We can stand next to the pump all day, but there is no way to tell for sure what the problem is unless you have someone that can test the power coming into the pump.

Show us a pic of the circuit breaker for the pump.. the switch that you show above has to get power from the main circuit breaker panel in your house..

Thanks,

Jim R.

I’ll have to look. I’m prob not the best person for this but was trying to keep things running to clean it and now found this today 🤦
There is an outlet with on off switch near pump and the outlet has power. Seems weird. SWG has power so makes me think it’s e pump itself but it’s only a year. How can I check if pump is getting power?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    506.5 KB · Views: 8
Lindsey,

Either the pump is bad or it is not getting power. We can stand next to the pump all day, but there is no way to tell for sure what the problem is unless you have someone that can test the power coming into the pump.

Show us a pic of the circuit breaker for the pump.. the switch that you show above has to get power from the main circuit breaker panel in your house..

Thanks,

Jim R.
Thanks Jim,
The panel is inside the shed. Electrician installed a second panel just for shed and pool stuff etc. I may need to call pool company just thought they’d take forever 🤦

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Lindsey,

Thanks,

Jim R.
I posted a pic. Thoughts?

I'm not familiar with this pump, I have Hayward. My Hayward has a capacitor, and if the capacitor is bad, the pump won't rotate. If you have a capacitor, some multi-meters have a test for capacitors.

Lindsey,

The reason that I wanted a pic of the circuit breakers is I wanted to know what voltage was going to your pump. It appears to be 240 volts AC.

Even though the pump circuit breaker does not appear to be popped, I'd shut it off and turn it on again. Just to make sure.

If that does not help, then you will need to go to the pump and remove the cover from where the AC power conduit is attached to your pump. Inside you should see 3 wires.. A green one and then two black ones, or a red and and a black one.. The two colored wires are called L1 and L2.. You need to measure between L1 and L2.. Your meter should read about 240 Volts AC...

If you have 240 VAC, then the pump or control head is bad.. If you do not have 240 VAC, then we will have to figure out why the voltage is not getting from the main breaker panel to the pump.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Reactions: cowboycasey
What does this go to?

image-jpg.334808

Lindsey,

The reason that I wanted a pic of the circuit breakers is I wanted to know what voltage was going to your pump. It appears to be 240 volts AC.

Even though the pump circuit breaker does not appear to be popped, I'd shut it off and turn it on again. Just to make sure.

If that does not help, then you will need to go to the pump and remove the cover from where the AC power conduit is attached to your pump. Inside you should see 3 wires.. A green one and then two black ones, or a red and and a black one.. The two colored wires are called L1 and L2.. You need to measure between L1 and L2.. Your meter should read about 240 Volts AC...

If you have 240 VAC, then the pump or control head is bad.. If you do not have 240 VAC, then we will have to figure out why the voltage is not getting from the main breaker panel to the pump.

Thanks,

Jim R.
My dad came by and tested we were getting power. So either the top piece with the on off buttons is no good or somehow not getting the power coming from circuit breaker. Pool company will come Monday. Just our luck. Anyone know of pentair covers this?

My dad came by and tested we were getting power.
What was the exact voltage line to line?

The SuperFlo VS is covered for 2 years unless it was installed as part of a bundle with other equipment.

Select Bundled Products: applies to purchases and qualified installation of a minimum of a pump and filter, and one or more of the following: heaters, heat pumps, control systems, automatic cleaners, lighting, salt chlorine generators or UV sterilizer.

Bundled products - must be purchased on the same invoice and installed at the same time. If any product within a bundle is ineligible for the bundled warranty coverage then all products within the same bundle will be disqualified from receiving the three (3) year extended warranty coverage for bundled products.

Lindsey,

Where exactly did your dad test for voltage???

Did he test right at the pump? Did he test between L1 and L2 or did he test L1 to ground and L2 to ground? Testing to ground can give you a false reading.

I assume the open box with the blue relay and black capacitor is for your well pump and not your pool pump???

Thanks,

Jim R.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.