pump & filter recommendations

I would appreciate suggestions on pump and filter combinations. I'm logged in but I don't see my pool description below. I have a 12 foot round above-ground pool. Bought it with a proprietary pump and filter that died a few years ago. Bought an Intex pump and sand filter unit which did a nice job but developed problems and no local pool services will service Intex. This year, I'd like to go with a brand name that I know I can get serviced in my area. My Intex sand filter wound up shooting sand back into the pool repeatedly no matter how many times I tried to repair it. I didn't have unlimited time and, as indicated, no pool service would service it. So, I'm inclined to go with a cartridge filter so I never have to deal with back washing issues again. But, sand or de might be okay so long as I know a local pool service company will provide service.
Any recommendations?
What do members think of Hayward's power-flo matrix? I like that it has a C clip connector that should allow easy disengagement of the strainer housing - I have had a very hard time in past getting the covers off strainer housings.

Local pool store is looking for pump/filter units for me but pool equipment is flying off the shelves here on Long Island, NY & there are delays in getting mail orders as well.
Thanks,
Swimcat

As a follow-up to my question above, I have a 1.5 pump, which was given to me. I know its too big for my pool but, if I decided to use it this season when pool equipment is hard to come by near me, what size cartridge filter would be appropriate to use with it? If I got a smaller size cartridge than normally goes with a 1.5 hp pump, what would be the potential negative results? Thanks again.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.