Pump failing?

Just use the plumbing size you have and apapt to it if necessary. It does not matter. I am sure there are other options but many people on this site have gone that direction. Seems like you have a pretty easy decision to make if you get it for that price. The install is strait forward and many videos out there to help you. You will enjoy the quiet from your new VS when you get it going and the electrical savings.

I replaced a single stage Hayward Super II pump 2hp with a Vgreen 2.7hp VS motor in December 2021, my purchase was made with inyopools.com, (they are VERY helpful) they should advise you with the correct GO KITS with seal/gasket necessary for a proper swap out. I'm happy with the Vgreen motor performance and it saves substantial money on power. A handy DIYer will have no problem. Good luck.

Last edited:
So I have been working on researching pump motors to replace our single speed 1HP UST1102 motor for our Hayward 1 HP super pump. Model number SP2607X10, as noted above. I know I still need to figure out if we have 115 or 230 volt wiring - hoping the husband can help out with that soon. Also need to figure out about 2" or 1.5" plumbing (or does that really matter?). We have decided a VS motor will be our way forward for the cost savings over time.

However, after trying to research the TFP site and google, the only motor I keep coming across is the V-Green 1.65 HP Round Flange 56J VS Motor - ECM16CU motor. Are there other options that we can/need to consider? Is this a good candidate? I hate to only consider one option (at $600) but if that is the only VS motor that we'll be able to easily swap out, then I guess the decision is pretty easy. I have read some TFP owners use this motor, but I guess I just don't know if there are other VS options.

Thanks!

Another motor. Don't know anything about company.
perryspoolpump.com
Pool Pump And Electric Motor Repair › ...
Neptune NPTT165 1.65 THP Variable Speed 56J C-Face Pool Pump Motor

Last edited:
Reactions: JulieVa
Does anyone have the height of the V-Green 1.65 HP Round Flange 56J VS Motor - ECM16CU? Online I can only find the width and I need to see if this will fit under our existing plumbing.

I’ve opened a ticket with inyo but no one has responded to me yet (since contacting them on wed and Friday) so that’s why I’m hoping someone here could measure theirs for me. 😊 thanks!

Between the red lines is about 6.25".

However, the display cover is about 6 inches, so you need about 12.25" from the center of the shaft.

Note that the drawing is to scale, so you can get any measurement from the reference measurements.

1656265599619.png

Last edited:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.