Pump Doesn't Turn On Reliably

Pooler1655

May 4, 2019
Utah
One of my three pumps does not turn on reliably. It's a 1hp WhisperFlo (011513) and I have an IntelliTouch i9+3S controller, ScreenLogic, IntelliChem for acid injection, and an IntelliChlor IC40. Regardless of whether I try to turn the pump on through the controller on the wall or the android/ios app or if I have a program turn it on during the day, it only comes on occasionally. If I go to the wall controller (or in the app) and repeatedly press the circuit's button rapidly a dozen times or so, it will eventually turn on.

I've tried replacing the circuit's relay in the IntelliTouch main panel, tried swapping the pump to an unused circuit (Aux6), replaced the pump with a spare, but nothing is solving the problem. The other two pumps work fine every time.

Any suggestions anyone?

Welcome to TFP... :shark:

Well, you have successfully replaced all the possible bad parts, so it can't be bad.. :mrgreen:

Not much else can be intermittent.. I can't think of anything that you have not yet done, but this is what I would do if it were my pool.

The next time the pump should be on and it is not, I would get a meter and start testing.. First step would be to check the voltage on the load side of the relay. If it reads 220 between the two load pins, (Not each load pin to ground..) then move to the next junction point which I assume would be the pump connection, etc... This would at least narrow down the problem. If the relay is not energized then you know the problem has to be inside the automation system.

It could be a bad breaker, I doubt it, but it is the only thing you have yet to change.

I am a fan of troubleshooting the problem, rather than just replacing parts hoping to find the right one.

Thanks for posting,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.