Pump dead?

ethany

LifeTime Supporter
May 23, 2009
Trenton NJ
I have a 2 speed pool pump. Leave it on low 24/7. We got over 4” of rain last night and woke up to water above the skimmer and the main drain was leaking years ago so I plugged them.

When we woke up the pump was not working and the breaker was tripped. I pumped water out of pool with a separate mini pump so now the water level is half way between skimmer as usually but the pump turns on for a second or two then trips the breaker.

Is my pump fried? It’s only about 4-5 years old. Money is really tight right now so buying a new pool pump would not be good.

Ok I have to assume the motor is dying or dead. I noticed it’s cheaper to just replace the motor assembly. What I have now is a 2 speed (high/low) 220v 1 hp 1 ph motor part number 193508.

wondering if I should replace with same motor? If so anyone know where I can find best price?

Also how long before water turns green, should I buy algaecide? Any help will be greatly appreciated

Add liquid chlorine every day and use your brush or sump pump or swimming to mix it in.

You can probably still find some single or dual speed motors. Only those in inventory are still available. Once gone, all pool pump motors must be variable speed. DOE regulation.

Is this what I need?

Attachments

• DFDB88A2-B764-45E1-8C97-440BA2D9AE39.jpeg
    DFDB88A2-B764-45E1-8C97-440BA2D9AE39.jpeg
    71.3 KB · Views: 8
Variable speed motors can run from 450 rpm to 3450 rpm. At lower levels of rpm needed for most pool operations, they use about 10% of the electricity a single speed pump uses, of equivalent size. Your motor uses about 1500 kwH on high and about 400 wH on low. My 3 hp VS pump uses about 200 wH at 1500 rpm which does everything I need with my pool.

VS motors are more expensive.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Yes I did buy new gasket kit……..I just received the pool pump today. Here’s a pic of name plate. My question is my other motor was two speed also but this motor has no external hi/ lo switch. Says two speed……how do you go from Hi to Low?

image.jpg

Says two speed……how do you go from Hi to Low?
If you purchased from Inyo -- which JamesW linked to -- it does not come with the switch. You must order that separately.
**NOTE: THIS MOTOR IS SHIPPED LESS HI-LO SWITCH. YOU MAY PURCHASE THE HI-LO SWITCH SEPARATELY BY ORDERING PART # 2512558-001.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.