Pump Connections

Jul 8, 2017
NY NY
I have a Gunite pool, with 2" plumbing. 1.5hp pump. About 15 years old. I need to replace the connectors at the pump outlet, and pump inlet. 1 is stripped, the other is cracked. Leaking.

The pool company says my existing pump has non-standard connectors, and he can't find them locally. I believe (not sure) it's a Jandy pump. He says the thread is different from what he normally sees, and it's not a stocked item.

Are there different pump fittings per manufacturer ? I would figure the pool industry has standard connections ?

I'd rather not buy a new pump at this time. Maybe next year I'll go to a VS pump. I'd rather just locate the right connections, and finish this season out.

Is there information on pump fittings, and how to stay with a standardized pool thread ?

If you want help you need to provide more info. There are many different pumps and fittings out there. We cannot guess what you have.

My pump has 1.5" NPT female fittings and the suction side has union (with o-ring) screwed into it. The discharge side is a Hayward fittings that a clear elbow goes into.

Please post what pump you have (make and model) and photos would be very helpful.

The unions are most likely screwed into the pump. Every pump I know of has either 1.5" or 2" NPT female threaded openings that you either screw a nipple or a union into. If it is a non-standard Jandy only fitting then you'll likely have to buy them from Jandy or a Jandy dealer.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Jandy changed the connections about 8 years ago. You probably have the old ones. The ones in the link will not work if this is the case. Send a picture and I can tell you. I might can find a part number if I can see them

Shoot.. I already ordered them from Amazon.... My pumps are 17 years old.
I have 3 Jandy pumps. 1 for the pool, 2 for the spa. And they all leak. I'd hate to buy new VS pumps, and rebuild headers. But it seems it's going that way.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.