Pucks not dissolving

RMcGirr83

Gold Supporter
Nov 19, 2018
Tuscola, TX
Not sure if this is a good thing or a bad thing. Have an in-line chlorinator and in the process of not using any more (going liquid chlorine as CYA is perfect at 42). For the life of me I can't remember the last time I had added pucks to it. Opened it up yesterday and darned if there weren't still 5 or so of them in the chlorinator. It's been at least a few months since I have added any to it. Any hints to look at or do I need to contact the builder as this is a new build from November.

The pucks won't dissolve if the water is coldish? At first build it was in the 40's, yesterday 74 which is the warmest it's gotten.

I actually don't know but that is the only thing that stood out to me. They have dissolved "normally" when the water was warmer. I just don't use them enough to have a track record of "normal". I tried 4 this year at opening to get both chlorine and cya up a bit but after a week in the skimmers they looked almost like new still.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.