Pucks not dissolving

RMcGirr83

Gold Supporter
Nov 19, 2018
Tuscola, TX
Not sure if this is a good thing or a bad thing. Have an in-line chlorinator and in the process of not using any more (going liquid chlorine as CYA is perfect at 42). For the life of me I can't remember the last time I had added pucks to it. Opened it up yesterday and darned if there weren't still 5 or so of them in the chlorinator. It's been at least a few months since I have added any to it. Any hints to look at or do I need to contact the builder as this is a new build from November.

PoolGate

Gold Supporter
TFP Guide
Jun 7, 2017
Damascus, MD
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Aquapure 1400
The pucks won't dissolve if the water is coldish? At first build it was in the 40's, yesterday 74 which is the warmest it's gotten.

I actually don't know but that is the only thing that stood out to me. They have dissolved "normally" when the water was warmer. I just don't use them enough to have a track record of "normal". I tried 4 this year at opening to get both chlorine and cya up a bit but after a week in the skimmers they looked almost like new still.

Thread Status
Hello , This is an inactive thread. Any new postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. You will get much more visibility by Starting A New Thread