Pucks are not raising my CYA

I snagged a 50lb container of all individually wrapped and then all wrapped again for $25...They are 98.5% triclor and 1.5% stabilizer...a friends n-bor was moving and sold them to me brand new...that's a deal..I only use them to bring-up CYA levels and when the whole family is gone..

Copper has it's place, but not in pools 99% of the time.

My 30-year-old pool plumbing used copper pipes for the equipment pad, above ground, with PVC underground. I understand that at the time my pool was built, builders didn't think PVC could survive out in the elements.

The punch line is that the initial reason I ended up doing a complete remodel was one of those copper pipes sprung a leak. Blue oxidation was appearing. Those pipes sent me down a long path, where I replaced virtually everything.

Now I wonder how much copper was in my pool water. As far as I know, the pool had never been drained in 30 years.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.