Prowler 930 vs Warrior SI - What’s the difference?

Candurin

Jun 30, 2017
South Jersey
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
So, I’ve been searching throughout TFP and google... it appears my search skills are not up to par. I’ve resorted to looking through the owner manual, which is shared by both units.

What is the difference between these two robots? At first glance it appears that it is just the caddy that is included with the 930. Is that it?

Does anyone have a preference of one over the other?

Our PB is including the 920 with our new build, however, the dual filtration has me interested in paying an upgrade fee to either one of these units.

Thanks for the help!

I had been doing some research as well and Warrior SI has bluetooth and no caddie. Whereas the Prowler 930 has Bluetooth or WiFi and a caddie. Not much else I can find as difference. Many on the forum say that caddie is not needed - unless you have a long way to carry robot from pool to storage area. Ensure you have a clear path i.e. no steps if you want the caddie.
I am sure others will chime in. From my research the P930 is more equivalent to S300 and Active 30 or M400 models. It appears the Warrior SI was just a small upgrade from Warrior SE to add Bluetooth only.

Thanks for the follow up! It appears as though the caddy is the only difference. Considering the robot will be stored in my shed, which is only a 40' walk to the deep end of the pool, I'm going with with the SI (both units share the same manual!).

For me, I keep the robot in the water. Caddie is worthless to me. I bought the on-line version, the Triton PS Plus. It is WiFi and has 2 cleaning cycles. Plus you can program it for 7 days of cleaning, and adjust which cleaning cycle and when the cycles starts, for the individual days.

I clean at 3PM on weekdays, so the pool is clean when I get home. I clean at 6 AM on Weekends, so the pool is clean all day.

If you can live with only 1 type of cleaning cycle , the Dolphin Nautilus CC Plus can be automated with a timer. And is $899 on Amazon.

I "think" the Dolphin Nautilus CC can be put into automation mode, If a "33 foot" system works for use, $599 is a heck of a deal.

Last edited:
I have a Warrior SE that I installed a few months ago. It has an "undocumented" automation mode identical to the S200. I use this to program it with an Alexa smart plug. This way you don't have to restart it every week and you can easily change the run times or run it manually. Unless you want to "drive it" for fun BT is sort of worthless. It's much easier just to drag it to the spot you want cleaned. I leave mine in the pool 24/7 so no need for a caddie. Seems to clean the bottom 100% in two, two-hour cycles for my pool. Size and shape will determine the time your pool requires.

Hope this helps.

Chris

Reactions: markayash
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.