Prowler 920 and Bluetooth and other options

Mar 26, 2018
Omaha, NE
My pretty much brand new to pools and today for the first time used the Prowler 920. The manual refers to being able to set a weekly cleaning schedule. However, on the power supply there are additional buttons with other options and a Bluetooth LED is also lit. The manual makes no reference to those. Pressing these buttons does not seem to do anything.

Can someone confirm that the extra buttons and the Bluetooth LED are features not enabled for the model? Or even better, if they are enabled what these do and how to make use of Bluetooth. I looked for a Pentair app in the Play store but nothing came up that looked like it would drive the robot.

Answering my own question here. The power supply is used with several other models and in my case all other features are disabled. The Prowler also is a repackaged Dolphin. It is likely best to simply buy a robot from them rather then getting a Pentair branded one.

Hello. So on a similar note, I have the Dolphin Controller specific to the Prowler 930, but I own the Prowler 920. Like above, I have the little Bluetooth symbol and been informed that the Pentair prowler app doesn’t work with my 920. They weren’t 100% sure, but I’m assuming it doesn’t work. Anyway, on my new 930 controller, it works and the machine runs in the pool, but the display lights on the controller only lights up the main power button and it seems like I can’t schedule my own schedule using the 930 controller for the 920 Cleaner. Anyone have thoughts on this?

I am very disappointed with this as I went into pool shop to buy a competing product and was talked into the Pentax 920. Don’t get me wrong the robot is fantastic and solved our red dust and gum it issue but the manual is not specific to the item supplied and I have no idea how to programme a cycle. Ringing pool shop tomorrow to request a return to buy a dolphin. Not happy.

HELPPPPPP! My lovely 2 year old, Pentair 920 goes forward 3 ft then in reverse for 3 ft. then shuts off and the Blue LED stops flashing and its dead. I cant find any help online and hate to be out the $900 I paid for this horrible pool cleaner. This is the SAME thing that happened to my 1 year old Pentair 720 which, was I replaced with this 920. Leslie pool supply has stopped carrying ALL Pentair Robotic and alot of other Pentair products because of quality issues and returns. I know the manager well and he said almost everyone of the Robotic Pentair Pool sweeps were returned due to tech issues and they can't repair them. He said they are a rebrand of an old unreliable, DOLPHIN brand that had a horrible reputation for reliability and wasn't selling...

Hi, I own a Pentair Prowler 920. In March 2021, the 18 month old cleaner just stopped working. It would lurch forward and lurch backward then stop and turn off. Since it was still under warranty, the dealer was able to replace the motor. I put it in the pool and it traveled across the pool several times before it too had the same issue as before. I called the dealer the same day. He ordered a new motor, power supply, and communication cord. It is now April 2021. It is in the pool working. I did notice that the connection cord is thicker than before. Other than that, the parts look the same.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.