Prowler 920 and Bluetooth and other options

michaelr0

Mar 26, 2018
Omaha, NE
My pretty much brand new to pools and today for the first time used the Prowler 920. The manual refers to being able to set a weekly cleaning schedule. However, on the power supply there are additional buttons with other options and a Bluetooth LED is also lit. The manual makes no reference to those. Pressing these buttons does not seem to do anything.

Can someone confirm that the extra buttons and the Bluetooth LED are features not enabled for the model? Or even better, if they are enabled what these do and how to make use of Bluetooth. I looked for a Pentair app in the Play store but nothing came up that looked like it would drive the robot.

michaelr0

Mar 26, 2018
Omaha, NE
Answering my own question here. The power supply is used with several other models and in my case all other features are disabled. The Prowler also is a repackaged Dolphin. It is likely best to simply buy a robot from them rather then getting a Pentair branded one.

mrgoose02

Dec 7, 2017
San Antonio
You are correct, the Prowler 920 is a rebadged Dolphin S200. That is why you do not have the Bluetooth options available to you. You can use the first set of buttons to set your weekly schedule, that is all.

Hope that help confirm your conclusion.

Reactions: michaelr0

Marshallslaw2008

Sep 12, 2019
California
Hello. So on a similar note, I have the Dolphin Controller specific to the Prowler 930, but I own the Prowler 920. Like above, I have the little Bluetooth symbol and been informed that the Pentair prowler app doesn’t work with my 920. They weren’t 100% sure, but I’m assuming it doesn’t work. Anyway, on my new 930 controller, it works and the machine runs in the pool, but the display lights on the controller only lights up the main power button and it seems like I can’t schedule my own schedule using the 930 controller for the 920 Cleaner. Anyone have thoughts on this?