NJ
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite Pro (T-15)
I am currently having a pool built and they are installing a spillover spa. The spa will stick out of the ground about 12".

I have been getting some conflicting information on how this is supposed to be winterized, and its different for a spa that is elevated vs level with the ground.

Should they be plugging all the drains and jets before they fill it since its winter here now?

I assume that you would have to unscrew each drain cover and put a plug in and the same for the jets?

Thanks in advance.

IMG_5778 1.jpg

IMG_5962.jpg

I am currently having a pool built and they are installing a spillover spa. The spa will stick out of the ground about 12".

I have been getting some conflicting information on how this is supposed to be winterized, and its different for a spa that is elevated vs level with the ground.

Jonny, I know of no reason why winterization is different for a spa that is elevated vs level with the ground. What matter is where the frost line is in your region.

You have a prefab fiberglass spa that is different then the typical gunite spas or standalone spas that kept open all year.

With the placement of your spa I would think you can drain it for the winter without worry of it popping out of the ground.

You should ask your Pool Builder how he recommends the spa be winterized in your area.

Should they be plugging all the drains and jets before they fill it since its winter here now?

I would think you want to run all the plumbing and test for leaks before you call things done and close it up. Therefore you should follow normal winterization procedures and blow out the lines, plug the hets, and airlock the valves.

I assume that you would have to unscrew each drain cover and put a plug in and the same for the jets?

Typically, you leave the drain covers on and blow out the suction and air lock the valves. Removing and replacing the drain covers can damage them.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.