Proper Voltage/ Amps for SWG?

Sep 20, 2019
Buffalo, NY
This is my first post, so please be gentle with me! I'll probably over-explain and get better at this eventually :)

We had our IG vinyl liner pool installed last August. Yesterday our Autopilot Nano+ SWG threw an error code: Warning Low Amps Cell? The display showed me 35V, 0.2 Amps. I followed every troubleshooting step in the manual- removed and inspected the cell (no visible build-up), cleaned out the screen, and made sure the connection was tight to the cell.

This morning, still beeping at me, so I made a service appointment with our PB. They charge $140 just to come out, even though it's still under warranty. I went back outside and fiddled with the connection where the cord inserts into the display panel, and the warning cleared.

Now I'm showing 20V, 5.2 Amps and my FC is slowly improving (2.2 this morning, 2.8 at 4pm). I have no idea if those Volt/ Amp numbers are normal, or where it should be if not, because my salt cell isn't listed on the Autopilot Volts/Amps chart (PPC 2). I'm trying to decide if I really need the guy to come out for $140 and tell me he can't replicate the issue...

Thanks for any help you can throw my way!

Last edited:
AutoPilot has a troubleshooting guide on what the volts and amps mean in their Volts and Amps Guide.

Depending on the specific cell you have 20V, 5.2 Amps looks correct.

Sounds like you had a loose cable and don't need a service call.

Reactions: FloatsAllDay330
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.