FL
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
Hello, our pool is being build and we have a sun shelf/sun ledge with an umbrella hole. I was looking at some umbrellas and I am not sure what is the right kind to get. I am finding some that are coated aluminum poles. Is that what I want? I know no wood. But what materials should I look for? Coated aluminum, plain aluminum (I saw someone say plain aluminum pitted and leeched into the salt pool??), fiberglass, steel?
Of course I want tilt, and I think this size is good!

I have one of these at work that has held up pretty well. It doesn't get used a ton, but it's been a few years now and it's still fine! Does this work?

As far as chairs-- are there any you recommend that are safe for the plaster, aside from ledge loungers (WHY are they so expensive?).

Thank you!

Last edited:
We got an umbrella from Sam's club (coated aluminum) and these chairs from wayfair which came with the table. Drilled a hole for the umbrella and bam. We're very happy with them and they haven't faded in the TX sun all summer.

62462447_925121567819587_1990715731083264000_n.jpg

Last edited:
How long have you had the chairs in the pool? I was thinking I had to get synthetic materials.

They don't stay in year round as we use them on the deck. Wife puts them in when she wants to read and be in the pool. They have been in for longer than a few days (sometimes up to a week) on more than one occasion. For two, with the table, is like half of what one of those pool sun ledge loungers are (headrest is adjustable). So far they've held up well. They are made with Acrylic mesh which is synthetic (Acrylic fiber fabrics are made from a synthetic polymer called acrylonitrile). They have rubber feet and are made of aluminum so should hold up for quite a while. If and when they finally are fit for the metal scrap bin, we'll get some more.

Reactions: MeowMeow724
Well it seems I'll be hard pressed to even get an umbrella I like right now for a price I'm comfortable with. They're all out of stock and my orders keep getting cancelled! Oy.

We bought some cheap umbrellas from Wayfair or Overstock (can't remember which). They set us back a whopping $45 each for 9' tilting umbrellas. They are painted aluminum poles and have the crank handle style closure. I only pull them out when we want to use them to increase their longevity, especially in the Oklahoma wind.

For my ledge and deck chairs, I use two white plastic loungers that I bought from Lowes. They are Adams brand, regularly $60, I bought them on sale for $40, but when I checked a minute or two ago, they show $29.99 online. They're good for what they are and exceptional for the price. I put them in the water when I want to sit there, otherwise they sit in direct sunlight for 12+ hours a day. No issues with them and for that price I won't lose much sleep.

They don't stay in year round as we use them on the deck. Wife puts them in when she wants to read and be in the pool. They have been in for longer than a few days (sometimes up to a week) on more than one occasion. For two, with the table, is like half of what one of those pool sun ledge loungers are (headrest is adjustable). So far they've held up well. They are made with Acrylic mesh which is synthetic (Acrylic fiber fabrics are made from a synthetic polymer called acrylonitrile). They have rubber feet and are made of aluminum so should hold up for quite a while. If and when they finally are fit for the metal scrap bin, we'll get some more.
Update, they're still holding strong. Bit of rust on a few of the rivets but overall very satisfied with the purchase.

Reactions: narisa10
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.