Propane Heater Placement

rsterner11

Mar 23, 2021
Pennsylvania
Hello!

I just purchased a propane heater for my pool, and when I went to pick it up, there wasn't anyone available to advise us on the placement of the heater. I know it should be connected AFTER the filter but BEFORE the chlorinator, so I'm just wondering if the best placement for us would be to the left of the circuit box (adhering to all the safety specs regarding ventilation/spacing). I'll obviously have to re-do some landscaping to put in a level service and move some bushes.

See picture: Heater Placement

Thank you!

Welcome to TFP.

What model heater?

Looks like you have a tablet chlorinator. If so you need a check valve between the heater output and the chlorinator to prevent acidic water from backflowing into the heater.

You also should isntall a heater bypass. The check valve for the heater bypass can also protect the heater from he chlorinator.

Reactions: rsterner11
Welcome to TFP.

What model heater?

Looks like you have a tablet chlorinator. If so you need a check valve between the heater output and the chlorinator to prevent acidic water from backflowing into the heater.

You also should isntall a heater bypass. The check valve for the heater bypass can also protect the heater from he chlorinator.

Thanks for the prompt response!

It's a Hayward H300FDP.

We only really plan to run it occasionally when we're having pool-centric gatherings, and I only use the tablet chlorinator once per year when I go on vacation (thanks to sage advice I read here a few years ago).

We only really plan to run it occasionally when we're having pool-centric gatherings, and I only use the tablet chlorinator once per year when I go on vacation (thanks to sage advice I read here a few years ago).

You should still put in the CV if you use the tablets in the chlorinator at all.

Reactions: rsterner11
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.