South Carolina
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Turbo Cell (T-CELL-5)
I've tried searching through the forums and have found many helpful answers and advice.

I have a Hayward PL-PS-8-X288 SmartControl panel and I am trying to automate my spa spillover to run 1 or 2 times a day to cycle chlorinated water from pool to spa. I figured out that I need to use an Aux valve with a group function (I think), but the issue is when it comes on, the spa blower/jets and spillover all turn on. I only want the spillover. I don't see an option for blower in the group settings.

Hoping someone can tell me what I can do to just have spillover from spa to pool and not the whole spa turn on.

As a bonus, if someone knows the difference between my valve3, valve4 and Aux1-4 that would be helpful to know. I don't see a difference between Valve and Aux in setups.

BTW... This automation used to work and was setup previously by someone else. But, my panel recently got reset to defaults, so I am trying to get everything working again.

Thank you.

the issue is when it comes on, the spa blower/jets and spillover all turn on. I only want the spillover. I don't see an option for blower in the group settings.

The GROUP function uses an AUX button and an AUX relay.

You either need to pick an AUX relay that has no equipment connected to it or if you have no empty AUX relays then you need to combine some equipment to free up a relay for the spillover function.

There is no way to decouple the AUX button for the spillover from the relay with the equipment it powers.

Last edited:
The GROUP function uses an AUX button and an AUX relay.

You either need to pick an AUX relay that has no equipment connected to it or if you have no empty AUX replays then you need to combine some equipment to free up a relay for the spillover function.

There is no way to decouple the AUX button for the spillover from the relay with the equipment it powers.
Thank you. The issue was partly because 1) I didn't fully understand the Aux setups and 2) I needed to know which equipment was powered by each Aux. Your last comment made sense once I realized that my blower was connected to the Aux I tried to setup as the spillover. DOH! Hey... I'm learning... :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.