Programing Pentair IntelliFlow

garywi

Silver Supporter
Jul 12, 2013
Phoenix, AZ
Hi Guys, I had a 2HP IntelliFlow installed yesterday. It's communicating with my Aqualink via an Intellicom module. With this, I only get two programming set points. High and Low. So, he set it up to run at 3100 RPMs for six hours, then 1500 RPMs for six hours.

At 3100, I am not sure if this is sufficient to run my in floor cleaning system. Also, I noticed my filter pressure dropped 10psi.

Do you think this is the best programming schedule for my pool.

Thank you

Attachments

• 7E04DF6F-DB83-4CF5-BA2A-38DD892ABE51_1_201_a.jpeg
    7E04DF6F-DB83-4CF5-BA2A-38DD892ABE51_1_201_a.jpeg
    266.5 KB · Views: 4
Gary,

Well, since you only have two speeds, low and high, then it makes sense that your high speed needs to be fast enough to run your IFCS.. I suspect 3100 or so should be fast enough, but only you can tell us that for sure..

I like 1500 or so for your low speed, but it kind of depends on how you add chlorine.. If you use a tab feeder, then you need to make sure that 1500 is fast enough to dissolve the tablets. If you have a SWCG, then 1500 should be fast enough to close the flow switch.. If you use Liquid Chlorine, then 1500 should not be an issue.

Filter pressure is not an indication of how well your pump is working, it is an indication of how hard it is to push the water through the filter.. In most cases, lower filter pressure is better. At 1200 RPM, my filter pressure is about 1 lb... and I have plenty flow to turn on my SWCG and skim well...

Thanks,

Jim R.

Gary,

Well, since you only have two speeds, low and high, then it makes sense that your high speed needs to be fast enough to run your IFCS.. I suspect 3100 or so should be fast enough, but only you can tell us that for sure..

I like 1500 or so for your low speed, but it kind of depends on how you add chlorine.. If you use a tab feeder, then you need to make sure that 1500 is fast enough to dissolve the tablets. If you have a SWCG, then 1500 should be fast enough to close the flow switch.. If you use Liquid Chlorine, then 1500 should not be an issue.

Filter pressure is not an indication of how well your pump is working, it is an indication of how hard it is to push the water through the filter.. In most cases, lower filter pressure is better. At 1200 RPM, my filter pressure is about 1 lb... and I have plenty flow to turn on my SWCG and skim well...

Thanks,

Jim R.
Thanks Jim. I use a floating duck with 3-4 chlorine tabs. The max RPM is like 3400 and I am thinking, why would I not just set it to the max for like 4 hours and 1500 for 8 hours.

Gary,

The whole point of having a VS pump is to save on the old electrical bill... The difference in watts used between 3100 and 3450 is just about double.

But, it is your pool and you should do whatever you want.. Other than electrical costs there is no harm running at 3450.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Gary,

The whole point of having a VS pump is to save on the old electrical bill... The difference in watts used between 3100 and 3450 is just about double.

But, it is your pool and you should do whatever you want.. Other than electrical costs there is no harm running at 3450.

Thanks,

Jim R.
Thank you Jim. I guess I will have to play with it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.