Problems Syncing Hayward Colorlogic LED’s.

Lawtyger

Mar 11, 2016
Tampa, Florida
Hello, looking for help from the most helpful pool forum I know. So. . .

First upfront, I am aware of the syncing procedure contained in the manual for my Hayward Colorlogic LED (see pic at the bottom of this post). Several posts I found while searching before posting referenced it. But, it does not work with my lights and my Hayward Omnilogic, never has. I believe the main reason is that ever since getting the pool in 2016 it takes between 30 and 60 seconds for the lights to fully turn off (or more accurately the spinning wheel to stop so I can turn the lights back on) so that always far exceeds the “turn off light for between 11-15 seconds” and then turn lights on instructions. All other controls from the app and panel are activated practically immediately.

I have two lights in the pool and one in the spa. One of the lights in the pool is not in sync with the other pool light and spa light (See examples below). I’ve tried using the “sync” button in the Omnilogic app and on the main panel with no luck. it appears when hitting the sync button the two lights that are in sync do reset back to VooDoo Lounge but the light that is always out of sync does not - that light just goes back to the previous color it was on when I hit sync lights.

I’ve also shut down all breakers killing power to the system hopping for a default reset of light with no success.

Does anyone have any suggestions for next steps.

IMG_3786.png

IMG_9718.jpeg

IMG_9717.jpeg

IMG_3785.jpeg

Last edited:
You need to be comfortable doing some high voltage electrical wiring.

I would temporarily install a light switch on the LOAD wire coming off the light relay. Use the light switch to turn the lights off and on within the time limit. Then remove the lights witch and reconnect the light wire to the relay LOAD screw.

Put the light switch in a plastic switch box for safety so you don't have any exposed wires or connections. Do it safely and it is a few bucks of materials. You can do it with less materials and less safe.

You lost me at being comfortable doing high voltage electrical wiring, lol - I am not. Fortunately, what you suggest seems unnecessary now.

To update my original post, I have since put the Omnilogic into service mode and located the relay that is associated with the lights. When turning on and off that relay directly (as opposed to the light button normally used to just turn the lights on and off) from the panel there is not the long delay I previously mention. I am able to turn the lights on, leave it on for one second, turn it off for 11-15 seconds (or shorter even). Unfortunately, even doing this does not help.

it is like the one light that is not in synced with the other two simply will not reset even when the other two do 🤷‍♂️.

Anyone else have a suggestion?

All my suggestions involve hacking the high voltage wiring to isolate each light and reset them individually.

Last edited:
I appreciate it; unfortunately that route is beyond my abilities and comfort level.

If anyone else has ever had this issue, let me know if you were able to resolve it in another fashion. Otherwise, it’s not the end of the world having one light not in sync and not worth paying a professional to take a look.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.