Problems - First round with TFT kit

Enter those in Poolmath and save the data.
Then follow what it says to raise your FC to target range. Add CYA to get to 40 ppm.
Add liquid chlorine every day based on your FC testing and your expected CYA level.

Thanks for the feedback. Added some liquid chlorine this morning early. After several hours here are my numbers. If I understand correctly, test again this evening after sun drops and then again in the morning and compare those two, correct?

Current:
Ph - 7.8
FC - 6
CC - .5
TC - 6.5
TA - 90
CYA Less than 20
CH - 325

Before:
Ph 7.5
FC 1
CC 1
TA 90
CYA 20
CH 425

Vose,

Just for my curiosity, why did your pH go up from 7.5 to 7.8? Is this a "can't see color" thing or did you add a pH increaser?

Also how did you get your CH to decrease by 100? Tell me this is a typo.

Sorry for jumping in. I was just curious.

I’ve been battling the ph, I believe from being a new plaster pool. That and quite a bit of activity in the pool. It is possible it’s a slight reading error. I was also confused how the CH dropped 100. I’m going to retest in a couple hours.

5 hrs later, sunny day...
PH - 7.6
FC - 2.5 - so have lost 4.0 of this in 5 hrs of sun(SWCG off all day).
CC- .5
TC - 3
TA - 80/90
CH- still 325, I must have made an error last night to get 425

Adding more liquid Chlorine to get it up to around 5 for test tonight.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Yes, get your FC up and do the OCLT with your SWCG off. After that (assuming you dont have to SLAM), switch that sucker back on and get your CYA up.

Reactions: VOSE Okie
Great news. I think you can re-rest withing a day or so for the liquid, but will defer to others.

Have you turned your SWCG back on? If not, keep an eye on your chlorine and make sure you dont need to add some.

I would test after 24hrs. but I wouldn't use result to add more stabilizer to go all the way to 80. If you are at 60 or above then wait a week and retest just to make sure before adding more if you are shooting for 70. I just started my first SWG and have it reading around 70 so I'm holding it there. I had a bit of a learning curve with the higher CYA testing as it has smaller increments.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.