Problem with Jandy pool side remote and spa light.

Marc K

Apr 23, 2019
Pennsylvania
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I have a puzzle I'm trying to solve. I went through an episode of ghosting where my pool side remote began to randomly turn on and off my pool heater and eventually began to do this in rapid succession. As this was a second failure, the first was due to an installer splicing the wire, I decided to forgo the pool side remote and install an iaqualink and control everything by phone. With the pool side unplugged everything works except the spa light. The only way to get the spa light to work from anywhere is to plug the defective pool side remote in after which I am able to control the light from the phone, panel, etc... Any ideas? I was thinking of removing all wires from the old plug on the pool side leaving only the wire which powers the light (if I can figure out which one it is) but I was hoping for a better option.

Welcome to TFP.

What Aqualink system do you have? RS or PDA?

Is your spa light 120V? Is it wired through an AUX relay?

Post pics of the wiring in your load center.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.