Problem with Hayward T cell 15 not generating chlorine

Feb 19, 2015
Lake forest/ CA
Hi guys. I have been checking the chlorine lately and it seems to have stopped producing chlorine. I was at a loss until I unplugged it from my omnilogic (it looks like there was a short or something)?

I bought everything about two years. Of course Hayward was closed. Any advice in working to get this resolved. As you can see it shows it’s generating from my screen shot but I can assure you guys it’s not generating anything. Do you think that brown spot on the cable is the cause?

Thanks for your help.

Attachments

• BECFE2BB-E428-45C7-BB6E-F17FE4D78518.jpeg
    BECFE2BB-E428-45C7-BB6E-F17FE4D78518.jpeg
    514.1 KB · Views: 31
  • 3245F397-4D2B-4E1E-8C9D-9AE5F86161E8.jpeg
    3245F397-4D2B-4E1E-8C9D-9AE5F86161E8.jpeg
    129.2 KB · Views: 34
  • FA281507-B89F-46B4-B5AF-DAE2D8BDFD95.jpeg
    FA281507-B89F-46B4-B5AF-DAE2D8BDFD95.jpeg
    216.6 KB · Views: 37
  • 34716A5C-AFA8-4FD3-8AC2-6E2EADDA2CC1.png
    34716A5C-AFA8-4FD3-8AC2-6E2EADDA2CC1.png
    427.8 KB · Views: 37
Thank you so much for the reply!! The numbers for the diagnostic readings are from when the cell was plugged in.....that's what was so weird. I also went and checked the chlorine coming out of from the spa to see if it was generating higher chlorine than the rest of the pool and it was not.....which makes me think something is wrong with the cell especially with that brown area from where the cord is attached to the Omnilogic.

The first seven of the cell are: 3e17164
I'll get the omnilogic serial numbers this afternoon.

Thanks again!

Based on the numbers, it is working and producing chlorine.

However, the brown looks like burn marks.

You're probably going to need a new cell and main circuit board.

It's under warranty. So, you should just file a warranty claim and let the service technician fix it.

I would leave the chlorinator off and unplugged until the problem is fixed.

Just use liquid chlorine until the chlorinator is back in operation.

Hayward sent a tech out today and they replaced my salt cell and board. That’s a pretty quick turnaround. Although you have to have patience (I was on hold for 20 minutes) the tech came out. Fixed my salt cell, motherboard and also upgraded my software. Will keep you all posted on how it all works with the new software! Thanks again for your help.

Reactions: JamesW
Well I spoke too soon....It looks like I got a new cell but it was the warranty replacement GLX-CELL-15-W. So I had a 3 year warranty this thing barely lasted 2 years and now I get another one with a 1 year warranty? Is that standard? I had experience with the cells before and it lasted 5 years!!! Thanks for your attention.

If you get a new cell under warranty, it's standard for it to be a 1 year "warranty" cell.

It should be an identical cell except with a one year warranty instead of a three year warranty.

Your system will still have the original 3 year warranty attached to it, but if you replaced a cell that was 2 years 11 months old the warranty on the replacement cell would get an extra year from the replacement date.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.