Problem setting up IQPump01

Nov 23, 2018
Austin, Texas
Hi folks,

I'm hoping someone can help solve this problem.

I'm having trouble setting up an IQPump01 wifi controller.

When I press the button on the controller to start pairing it with the wifi on my iPhone, the phone can't seem to finish connecting the IQpump01 controller. I get the same with my iPad, so I know it's not the phone. I see the pump controller on the list of wifi networks. But when I try to connect to it the connection never completes. Eventually the IQpump01 controller times out and stops transmitting a wifi name.

My PB was able to connect his phone, but my phone and my ipad just won't connect. He's stumped and is going to ask zodiac customer support for help. But I'd like to solve this quicker as my PB is slow to follow up on things like this.

Anyone seen this before?

P,

It appears that not many here have that pump control system... :(

Here is a video that might help, but it seems so simple that it should just work..

Since your pool builder's phone works and yours does not, either your app is set up wrong, or maybe it is an iphone thing. I would borrow an Android phone and see if you can get it to work. If it did, then at least you would know the area you need to look in. I would also reload the app.

Thanks,

Jim R.

I haven't tried with an Android phone. I may try that next and see if it makes a difference. The pool builder is stumped as are the folks at Jandy. It should just work. Every other wifi connected device I've ever done this with worked first time. So this is a strange one.

You have any VPN, Firewall or security apps on your phone?

Have you started clean with powering your iPhone off then on and power the IQ controller off and on?

I tried all of those. I also tried an android tablet just to rule out iOS itself. No luck. The android tablet has the same problem, it sees the pump as a wifi device, but can't complete connecting to it. I called Jandy customer support and they said this should not happen. So they didn't have any idea why this would happen.

Really strange that all of your different devices dont work and your PB phone did.

Will it only pair with one phone and once your PB connected to it it won’t pair with any others? Do you need to erase something?

I asked Jandy support that question and they said no. it should accept any phone that tries to pair with it when you press the wifi pairing button. I'm about ready to declare defeat and insist that the PB to just replace the thing.

That is what I would do. Make it Jandys problem with the return.

I have a Jandy (Polaris) robot cleaner that would not properly connect and it turned out it was the network protocols. I was using too low encryption. WEP instead of something higher. But that was to my home network, I would not think that an issue with your phone. But check it out anyway. This was actually so bad no one at Jandy could figure it out and they sent me a new control panel. Once I upgraded the encryption it immediately connected. I could do the same thing I could see it but when I selected it it would not connect just spun around until it timed out.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Quick update on this issue.

The pool builder installed a replacement controller, and it worked great. It appears that the original controller was a dud. The replacement performed flawlessly. So if anyone has a Jandy IQpump01 that refuses to connect to your phone, have it replaced.

I thought I would ask a related question - the iQPUMP01 works with the Jandy VS FloPro pumps without the JEP-R user interface pad? So basically you control with your smartphone and this iQPUMP01... OR you use the JEP-R user interface on the pump itself... it's either. Not both?

Thanks.

I thought I would ask a related question - the iQPUMP01 works with the Jandy VS FloPro pumps without the JEP-R user interface pad? So basically you control with your smartphone and this iQPUMP01... OR you use the JEP-R user interface on the pump itself... it's either. Not both?

Thanks.

I believe without the JEP-R it is used with automation (iAqualink) and with the panel it is controlled stand-alone. It may work both with the panel but without it, it has to work via automation.

Thanks.

Late reply, sorry--probably useless to you, but for those who read this later... Yes, it's only one or the other. I wanted both, but it turns out it is only possible to plug in one controller or the other. I think it's ridiculous, but that's how it is. I recently installed an iQPUMP01.

I just went through the same issue you described here just some 30 minutes ago. However, I was able to figure out how to overcome the issue.

I found that once you connect to the Zodiac device SSID and open the iAqualink app back up if you immediately select 'Connect' the connection will fail. However, if once you open the app back up you click back and then click the (+) to add a device then select the device again. Clicking Connect will connect the device successfully. I tested several times to confirm that the trick is to click back first, then proceed to add the device again. Not the most intuitive but it works and I'm off to a good start for the weekend!

Cheer Everyone! :cheers:

It's not bad.

It has allowed me to fine tune the scheduled runs much more than you can with the on the pump controller. The speeds I use in my scheduled runs are now the most cost efficient they can be and allows more control over the schedules runs than the on the pump controller provides. For $99 it's worth the cost. Shipping took a month from Jandy. Setup was a little frustrating but as long as you have access to a strong 2.4Ghz wifi signal where you mount the iQPUMP then you will be good.

I purchased it to hold me over until I pull the trigger on an entire Aqualink setup. Just not ready to pull the trigger on a $2k setup just yet

Reactions: CircaSurvivalist
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.