Pro logic, no cell power

Those documents you sent me state the t15 runs up to 10 amps. Not sure how I would be able to lower that.

Have not pulled the board, but went out to the panel after the pump shut off and can hear a humming. When I unplugged the SWG, the humming stops. Panel correctly states there is no flow and reporting the power error.

Oddly I just tested me FC and found it a bit higher than expected, assuming the SWG was not working. Wondering if somehow the board or relay has now failed in a SWG on state. Which would obviously not be good.

I really hate how non robust it seems that pool electronics are. Might be looking at a $400 board or even just a $600 full panel. ?

I think that the total amperage depends on the software revision. I'm pretty sure that some revisions use 8 amps and some use 10 amps.

Maybe one polarity is good and one is bad. If the power is stuck in the On position, it will say "Cell Power Error".

Go to diagnostics and see what it shows. Press the + button to reverse polarity to see if it's different. Then, press + again to check one extra time.

Were you able to see if it's No Cell Power 1 or No Cell Power 2?

What is the software revision?

How old is the box?

The system should not say No Flow if the cell is unplugged because the flow switch is not in the cell.

Last edited:
Did not get a chance to test anything or pull it apart.

It is giving the "cell power error" so I think power is stuck on. Leaving the cell unplugged for now. Considered just plugging the cell in for 6 hours each day to keep it generating, but worried that might cause more damage.

The trace is what is taking the power to the relay, or away, I don't recall. We verified that there was continuity between the pads through the trace and added the wires to help carry current since the discoloring clearly showed a lot of current going through that trace. The wires go to 1 pin on the relay from the main power source pins, I think.

I am wondering if the transformer might be putting out the wrong voltage or something.

I think that the relay is an Omron G8P-1C4P, which is a single pole double throw relay.

So, there are 3 points. One point gets incoming power and switches it to one of the other two points.

I don't think that connecting the two points makes sense.

Connecting the two points bypasses the relay.

The other explanation is that one of the relays suddenly got stuck on?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.