South MS
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite Pro (T-15)
First post. I've been lurking the TFP forums trying to get up to speed on our new pool. I've never owned a pool but we are enjoying the heck out of it so far. I believe I've listed all pertinent info in my signature. I've purchased the Taylor k-2006c testing kit and have plugged my results into Pool Math once a week for the last 3 wks. I've also been going to the local pool supply company every 2wks to test my water just to compare to my results.

My calcium hardness has been high since we went through pool school in April. The builder and pool store kept repeating this is normal with a new gunite pool. My last 3 CH tests were 625, 525, and 600, while the pool store's last 3 CH tests were 460, 500, and 520. Today was the 520(after 4" of rain last night) and the pool store is suggesting I put in 32oz of Pristine Check then rinse my cartridges 4hrs later. I can't seem to find any info on adding this to a salt water pool that doesn't use Pristine Blue. Should I use this as suggested or simply drop the water level and refill?

Sounds like the pool store is just trying to sell you something. Only way to remove CH is to exchange water or get reverse osmosis treatment.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.