Pretty Awesome little product. Heater Reader.

Ok so the thing has been awesome. One thing I need to mention is that I have Google Wifi Mesh system at home and it doesn’t play nice with that for whatever reason. Constant disconnects. So my router from my ISP is feeding it. It has performed well. When I first set it up, the after sales service was 5 star. Just unbelievable actually. About 6 months ago I sent them a message about something and they didn’t reply. I haven’t seen an app update in 2 years so I don’t know if this product is still supported. If I were you before buying, contact them and see if they are responsive.

I accomplished the exact same thing for $50. All you need is a 120v 50 amp dual pole relay $9 This turns the electricity to the heater on and off. This relay is controlled by a WiFi switch capable of setting schedules caseta $40 or a basic programmable light switch $20. If you want you can add a power meter which I did for $20. It doesn't look as nice but does pretty much the same thing. Now I can run my pump 5 am to 9pm but the heater only comes on when it's a bit warmer out to heat more efficiently.

I accomplished the exact same thing for $50. All you need is a 120v 50 amp dual pole relay $9 This turns the electricity to the heater on and off. This relay is controlled by a WiFi switch capable of setting schedules caseta $40 or a basic programmable light switch $20. If you want you can add a power meter which I did for $20. It doesn't look as nice but does pretty much the same thing. Now I can run my pump 5 am to 9pm but the heater only comes on when it's a bit warmer out to heat more efficiently.

What exactly does this system add. It seems there main purpose is remote control of the pump and putting the heater on a schedule. The only additional feature I see is being able to see the current temp.

Aren’t you the rock star. Sometimes people have different requirements/priorities and appreciate a refined, packaged solution with technical support, saving their time and energy.

I looked into this product a couple years ago and thought it had a purpose, pretty cool product. For me I just needed WiFi heat on/off and not all the features this provided.

I guess my point is it seems a bit over priced for what it is really doing. Maybe a few hundred but 700. You could even just installed a WiFi pool pump timer to the heat pump for around 100. This thing is just totally over engineered.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.