Pretty Awesome little product. Heater Reader.

uxbridgechris

Bronze Supporter
Jan 25, 2018
uxbridge, Ontario Canada
I dont remember how I stumbled upon this product but it came up in Google last fall. Extremely simple way to remotely (via app) control circulation and heating. You can also set schedules and if you input fuel cost and BTU size of heater it will keep track of running costs.

Everything you need comes in the box and a caveman could install it. Awesome controller with small footprint and backlit LCD display.

Here is the best part. The after sales service is second to none. I had a question and messaged them. In a few minutes I was on the phone with the founder of the company and outside of typical business hours to boot.

Just wowed by this company and product.

Attachments

• 20180510_202235.jpg
    20180510_202235.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 361
Glad for your post, I purchased this but have yet to install.

when I bought it I was wondering about the purpose of the air temp sensor other than providing information but after installing I realized, it has freeze protection. Turns the pumps on when it gets close to freezing. around 36 F I believe. Awesome feature. specially for us Canadians. lol

I've been looking at this since I saw your build thread. Noticed it is on sale and includes shipping for $750. Wasn't sure on the warranty and they emailed back super quick. It is three years for the board and one year on sensors and such.

Can you share details on what it took to hook up to your Raypak? I have an old 406 A and wasn't sure if I need an additional wire harness or where to wire it in.

Thanks for sharing your experience and insight!

The Heater control cable is two wires under the insulation, as our Heat Pump requires two wires as well. Just pull back the insulation and there is a red and white wire.

Thanks... Just got the unit today and you are correct. Contains 2 wire :)

- - - Updated - - -

email them or Facebook message. I've been shocked on how quick they respond.

Left two messages on their main number/support and never got an answer...
Hopefully didnt make a mistake by getting their product.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Anyone know where the device key is to register this device for app use?

- - - Updated - - -

I dont remember how I stumbled upon this product but it came up in Google last fall. Extremely simple way to remotely (via app) control circulation and heating. You can also set schedules and if you input fuel cost and BTU size of heater it will keep track of running costs.

Everything you need comes in the box and a caveman could install it. Awesome controller with small footprint and backlit LCD display.

Here is the best part. The after sales service is second to none. I had a question and messaged them. In a few minutes I was on the phone with the founder of the company and outside of typical business hours to boot.

Can you share the number that you got in contact with them??? I have problem getting anyone on the posted number

- - - Updated - - -

Also did you guys add some glue to the sensortube when inserting it into heater pipe?

Last edited:
Anyone know where the device key is to register this device for app use?

- - - Updated - - -

Can you share the number that you got in contact with them??? I have problem getting anyone on the posted number

- - - Updated - - -

Also did you guys add some glue to the sensortube when inserting it into heater pipe?

No glue. it has an oring. No glue.

I didnt call them. as mentioned above, I messaged via email and Facebook. Always quick to get back. It is the weekend btw. Maybe they don't monitor phone lines in the weekend.
I just bought something completely non pool related and it was missing parts. Called the phone number and they are not open on the weekend. Have some patience. Or find wifi solutions on Facebook and message them. The owner monitors that account.

No glue. it has an oring. No glue.

I didnt call them. as mentioned above, I messaged via email and Facebook. Always quick to get back. It is the weekend btw. Maybe they don't monitor phone lines in the weekend.
I just bought something completely non pool related and it was missing parts. Called the phone number and they are not open on the weekend. Have some patience. Or find wifi solutions on Facebook and message them. The owner monitors that account.

Thanks
I left 2 messages during the week.
Not a fan of Facebook so cant message them via Facebook.

Any idea where to get the device id to register the app for iPhone?
I only see serial number on the box and unit.

Quick question for anyone using this with Hayward pool heater.
I did setup the hayward H series according to the user guide and its set to "bo" on the display
once pump starts and cycle its fine but when it stopes, it show LO in front of Hayward heater and not "bo" for bypass any more
is this normal?

Hey Chris, been a couple years, still happy with the heater reader?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.