Pressure Washing Inground Plaster Pool Walls

Just a warning, draining a plaster pool at this time of year here in the desert is not good. The plaster can crack, fail, etc as it dries out and gets hot.

Why do you want to pressure wash the pool? I cannot think of any reason to do that. Let us know your issues.

Why do you want to pressure wash the pool? I cannot think of any reason to do that. Let us know your issues.

Yes I understand the many risks however the water is almost a dark green and the walls have a deep green I cannot get out by brushing. There are no visible deep cracks, however there are about 4 small spider web cracks but they are barely visible. I assumed my best course of action was to drain water and wash and refill.

Last edited:
You have algae. It may or may not be a good idea to exchange the water based on water chemistry results. The algae can be eradicated by following the SLAM Process. But first you need your own proper test kit (see Test Kits Compared) to see what the parameters of the water chemistry are.

Pressure washing will not get rid of the algae. Algae is a chemistry problem, not a filtering or cleaning problem.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.