Pressure to suction (robotic)

sandyb

Apr 18, 2015
Granada Hills, Ca
Greetings…
I currently have a Polaris 380 (pressure side) that is probably 6 years old, and I have rebuilt once.
This setup is at a property that I visit every 10 - 12 days. (Heavy dust load, near a gravel road.
I am considering pulling the trigger on a Dolphin Nautilus CC or possibly a Plus.
My concern is the length of time between visits ( oh yeah…it is an inground pool of medium to small size ( unsure of gallons )
Any thoughts or comments would be appreciated.
I am with SCE (SO Cal Edison) and running to 2 pumps is killing me up to $110.00 per month and the property is unoccupied.
Thanks!
Sandy

Robot cleaners do not like staying permanently submerged the way you can leave a Polaris in the pool.

Figure a robot cleaner will last 3 to 4 years in a pool 24/7.

What is your runtime schedule for the 380?

What model booster pump do you have?

Robot cleaners do not like staying permanently submerged the way you can leave a Polaris in the pool.

Thanks for your response ajw22
I run it 2 - 3 hours nightly until the air temp drops (winter) and then once a week as needed, and it does quite well.
The booster pump is a Polaris PB 4-60
D75FE3E5-513F-4D3E-AE73-62D28963CBC5.jpeg

Have you tried running the 380 every other day or every third day when you are not at the house?

@1poolman1 said the Polaris PB4SQ and Pentair Boost Rite both use about 45% less energy than a standard booster. Tested with a true watt meter on several occasions to show customers.

Either or both of those can reduce your cleaner run costs.

Thanks for your response ajw22
I run it 2 - 3 hours nightly until the air temp drops (winter) and then once a week as needed, and it does quite well.
The booster pump is a Polaris PB 4-60

Attachments

• 1F0B71E9-CC95-4774-86D3-3A4B10BE3D74.jpeg
    1F0B71E9-CC95-4774-86D3-3A4B10BE3D74.jpeg
    851.4 KB · Views: 1
Have you tried running the 380 every other day or every third day when you are not at the house?

@1poolman1 said the Polaris PB4SQ and Pentair Boost Rite both use about 45% less energy than a standard booster. Tested with a true watt meter on several occasions to show customers.

Either or both of those can reduce your cleaner run costs.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.