LifeTime Supporter
Jul 6, 2015
Charter Oak, California
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I've got 40' of 2" and 40' 1-1/2" plumbing set in the trench. Boy, oh boy, there's a big difference between gluing 1" PVC for irrigation pipe and 2" pipe for pool plumbing!! Thought it might be a good Idea to pressure test before I back fill. Is it just the underground plumbing that's tested or do I test from the pool side (Before the PVC is connected to pool unions.) to the equipment pad, including pump and filter? Or should I simply run the pump before I bury everything??
I realize there are safety concerns with pressure testing, but I think I can do it. What say you guys.....Thanks, Bob

You definitely need to pressure test prior to backfill. Just cap your lines at the equipment pad and on the pool side. You want to test it all for 24 hrs for any pipes that will be underground. Then fill in the trench with pressure on the pipes.

Please refer to

I made an inexpensive pressure gauge setup that screws into the returns and the other side has a garden hose fitting.
Could to the same for the skimmers with a different setup.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.