Pressure side pool cleaner sand resistant?

Jul 3, 2017
SC
Hi guys! 13000 gallon vinyl in-ground pool here with cartridge filter. Going to convert to salt this year as soon as the weather warms up a bit.

My question is: I've been running a Polaris 360 (2 actually - you'll see why) for years on this pool. We are at the bottom of a big sandy hill, and no matter how hard I try, I cannot keep sand out of the pool. SO MUCH SAND! The sand tears up the bearings and gears in my Polaris and I have to rebuild them due to sand damage literally every 2 months or so. So I have 2 - I only run one at a time but I rebuild them both at the start of every season so I don't have to worry about them mid-summer.
Anyway, I went to buy my rebuild kits and the price has doubled this year!
Does anyone know of any pressure side cleaners that are better sealed than the 360? Or maybe even a robot? I've been hesitant to spend the $ on a robot not knowing how sand resistant they are, but I'm not opposed. Any advice on which way to go?

Samantha

Welcome to TFP! (Or greetings on your first post. 😀 )

Do you have a booster pump? I believe the 360 is the only pressure side cleaner that doesn't require one. If you do have a booster, the Polaris Quattro might work for you. I don't have a nearby pile of sand like you do, but I am always surprised & impressed by how much sand ends up in the Quattro's fine filter.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.