Pressure from lower jet setting seems less than what it was in the past...

Good Day:
I have an AquaTerra Adriana hot tub purchased about 18 months ago from Costco.
It has been meticulously maintained since purchased; only my wife and daughter and I use it (and only after showering!), the water is always crystal clear and I change the filter every 6 months and maintain proper chemical levels. It is always filled for use (not drained for winter). Water has been changed twice since owning it. I did suffer from an ozone line clog due to a deteriorating washer that AquaTerra sent a replacement for and I changed it myself at about 10 months. Since that time there has not been any problem with the ozone generator.

Lately I have noticed that the jets do not seem as strong as they used to be, especially during the lower jet mode. Because of that I have checked all diverter valves, checked that ozone bubbles appear, and checked the motor compartment for any signs of leaks (none). The waterfall control works well when on high jets though is a bit less when on lower jets (similar to the jets when on lower jet setting). Note the high jets seem the same (though a touch less may not be noticeable).

Though only 4 months old I replaced the filter and noticed no improvement.

I did happen to notice that regardless of being on low or high jets, that the drain cover at the foot well doesn’t have very strong suction (I am not sure if it supposed to or not but I swear in the past when on high jets and I touched it with my foot I felt it sucking at my foot). There is no debris around this drain cover.
Because I am now in winter and everything is otherwise working, I feel hesitant in draining the tub until the spring. I thought I would write to get your opinion or advice if there is anything else I might try (while the tub is filled). I was thinking of turning the tub off and trying to remove the drain cover underwater, though that seems like I may be asking for trouble.

Thanks for any and all advice!

Have you ever cleaned the pipes with ahhh-some? Here is a write up about it: Ahh-some goes head to head with oh yuk

It is suggested that you clean the pipes before you ever use the hot tub because they water test the tub at the factory so that leaves some water behind to yuck up the works.

Let me know if you do the treatment and if it does any good please. I am learning along with you on this one.

Thanks for the note kimkats. Interesting you said that as I thought to myself it couldn't hurt so I ordered some (ahh-some) and plan to try it if I get a stretch of warmer days, otherwise will have to wait until spring. As an added note I did remove the drain cover (at the bottom inside the tub) yesterday just to rule out anything maybe trapped behind hit, but (thankfully) it was clear.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.