Pre pool opening (white water mold)

Thanks. I ended up doing that but it was not mushy it never got mushy. It was like rocks rubbing together. It took another 20 min of standing there doing that. Felt like it would never dissolve

I must have a terrible brand of this stuff

You are. If the time ever comes that you'd like to learn, we walk several through their first rodeo each spring/fall. The place by me wanted $700 something to close. ( I spit out my coffee at 'seven hun' and missed the rest of it. ) I imagine opening would be the same, plus whatever spendy chemicals that they arbitrarily dumped in.
Opening is easy. The close took a little more effort.

Reactions: newdude
. It took another 20 min of standing there doing that. Felt like it would never dissolve
I let mine soak a full 24 hours. If I fiddle with it before that, I won't be able to walk away when it needs more soak time because it'll only be 5 more minutes and then 10 more minutes and 5 more minutes and WHY AM I SO FRIGGIN IMPATIENT??????? :brickwall:

Ohhhh I thought someone said it should only take like an hour

I’m sure you’ve figured me out by now… lil over the top. 😬
I’m like omg there is one white crystal on the bottom brush 15 min. Omg there is another one lol brush 15 min . I was basically “ rowing” with the pool brush mixing water around . Neighbors can’t figure wth I’m doing lol . One asked if I’m trying out for the Olympics

• Love
Fc holding well (other than full blast sunny days)
oclts all good
Cc .5
hopefully all the yuck is gone
Adjusted ph yesterday it’s 7.6 now
Tested TA today it’s 200 (down 20 since last test, prob from the 4+ inches dilution last week) do I need to lower ta now?
Waiting a few days to text cya (I think I read 5-7 days)

I’m diggin this whole rain as fill water thing btw! No extras in it 😉
I was always scared for a drop of rain to get in the pool and would close it immediately. 🤦‍♀️
Learning everyday

Tested TA today it’s 200 (down 20 since last test, prob from the 4+ inches dilution last week) do I need to lower ta now?
Your choice. It'll come down on its own by quickly raising your Ph, making you add acid, or you could force it and speed it along.

Maintain a high 7 Ph for things to take their natural course.

Maintain a low 7 Ph to speed it up.
Waiting a few days to text cya (I think I read 5-7 days)
That's when adding to the skimmer where it gets trapped in the filter. (Which we don't rec). When using the sock it usually reads the next day.

Tested looks about 40 (tad over) but not 50.
Same time frame as usual lost 3.5 fc today . Not quite as sunny today. Overall improvement for sure.
Remind me normal daily loss range for summer weather please?

Just for reference- what cya are you using?

The warmer the water, the faster it gets super squishy.
The other day I had a ripping skimmer sock mishap and had to transfer my partially squishy granules to a pitcher then pour them in to another sock. I decided to just let the sock sit in the pitcher with water in the sun a while which would get much hotter than my pool water. A couple hours later it was easily squished out within a few minutes. I never do more than 2# at a time (per sock) - takes too long. I also tend to have better luck with crew socks as well, less rippy.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I have this kinda cheap robotic cleaner. I haven’t used it this year. Is there something I need to do to “clean” it before use? I know it was used in yucky water last year .

Thanks

If it sat all winter it's been completely dried and anything that was alive is now long dead. I wouldn't blink to toss it in the (hot) pool. We don't surf minimum FC, so we have that safety net, not that we need it in this instance

We got bit leaving a stone unturned and I don't like getting bit. Not even when it's you getting bit. 🤷‍♂️

But I understand if you wish to take the calculated risk of leaving it be with FC holding to normal specs.

Reactions: Mdragger88
If I was going to try to bring this TA down

Lower ph to 7-7.2
Add ma
Aerate

I used pool math and it said to add 72 oz
Current ta is 200
Effects of adding says that lowers ta by 28
Is this the maximum amount I want to add at a time ? And when would I test and add again
I wasn’t going to bother with it, but the ph goes up to 8 every few days and I’m adding small amounts of ma to lower it anyway

Effects of adding says that lowers ta by 28
Is this the maximum amount I want to add at a time ?
Lower PH .4 at a time. Repeat if necessary.
wasn’t going to bother with it, but the ph goes up to 8 every few days and I’m adding small amounts of ma to lower it anyway
I'm on the fence about it myself. Here's my thoughts for you to agree/disagree. It takes the MA it takes to lower the TA. If you let it go on its own, you use that much over a month (?). If you spike it now with quick cycles, you use that much, and then need MA regularly for the next month.

So your choices are none upfront but more over the next month, or a bunch upfront then less than it would have needed for the next month. At worst doing nothing breaks even and it may use less IMO.

But forcing it buys more time between adds. So there is that too. 🤔

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support