Power outage alarm and "lost communication for intellitouch

AFMexican

Apr 22, 2020
Las Vegas, NV
Jim,
Welcome to TFP... A great place to learn all about your new pool.. :shark:

It appears to me the idiot that wired your system wired the power to your IntelliFlo through the pump filter relay.. That is a big NO NO..
He also has constant power going to the SWCG transformer.. Is is absolutely backwards..
I suggest you find someone that has a clue what they are doing.
The pump should get constant AC power and the SWCG transformer should get power only when the Pump/Filter relay is closed..
Pretty hard to miss the warning on the SWCG transformer...
And... I think that you have an EasyTouch and not an IntelliTouch.

Sigh!!

Jim R.

Moved from here: Getting "Power outage alarm on pump 1" and "lost communication on pump 1" alerts on my iPhone app for intellitouch system

Mr. Jim,
I came across your post to this exact same issue I’m having. Be aware, I’m completely ignorant to this area as I’ve just purchased my first home with a pool and have been gradually learning much about it. With that being said, I had an installer come out yesterday and put in a pentair system similar to the individual in this post that had the comm and power alarm. I’ve also encountered this issue and I’m seeking information to educate myself if I may be in the same boat. I attempted to see if there was perhaps anything that stood out when I opened the system cover and found this... the wires look brown and what I believe is the transformer also looks abnormal to me in discoloration. I’ve contacted the installer and advised me they wouldn’t be able to look at the panel until next week. Please advise...

Attachments

• ECEEC467-894D-4F3F-AF7B-0D323CEFDB74.jpeg
    ECEEC467-894D-4F3F-AF7B-0D323CEFDB74.jpeg
    298.5 KB · Views: 7
  • F04416FB-0D09-4C61-B581-32F3A9737115.jpeg
    F04416FB-0D09-4C61-B581-32F3A9737115.jpeg
    274.1 KB · Views: 7
Last edited by a moderator:
The wires and transformer look normal to me. You are just seeing some varnish from the transformer manufacturing.

Reactions: AFMexican
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.