Power/generating lights on, 0 salinity and not making chlorine

MeghanB

Jun 7, 2022
Morganton, NC
My SWG (Mineral Springs) is not making chlorine, and I'm not sure if the problem is the cell, the board, or what. The power and generating sanitizer lights are on, no other lights lit, but the salinity on the display reads 0. Per my salt test kit, it's 3400. Earlier this summer, the display had the salinity as 2000 and the 'check minerals' light was on, so I added salt without testing it myself (oops) and eventually figured out the display was reading lower than actual and by adding salt, I ended up with over 4000ppm. Yikes! At some point, the display stopped showing any salinity at all and has read 0 ever since. I'm not super familiar with what the other #s mean, and some of them bounce around a bit, but for reference, here they are:
Salinity--0
Temp--86
Voltage(?)--32.2
Current(?)--0.00
Output--54P
Instant salt level-- -0
??-- 88-0
??-- r8.80

The board has been acting weird all season--rotating through the readings on its own, randomly flashing all lights on and off. I've reseated the display board several times, and replaced a wire I found on the main board that had corroded. When I first turn the salt system on or change any of the settings, after a few seconds there is an audible 'click' and all of the lights will flash on and off, leaving the same power + generating lights lit. I've had to replace several elements in the past (cell, display board, thermistor, flow switch...) but this is a weird combo of circumstances I've not encountered before. I'm not sure if there is a fix, or what exactly I would need to replace--any ideas what's happening here?

I'm not an expert, just another pool owner, but I have had a similar issue with my hayward aqua rite panel this summer. I got help from calling the manufacturer (Hayward) and they emailed documentation and walked me through troubleshooting, and ultimately gave me names of local companies who work on my system. Unfortunately my system (panel and cell) need to be replaced.

I'm not an expert, just another pool owner, but I have had a similar issue with my hayward aqua rite panel this summer. I got help from calling the manufacturer (Hayward) and they emailed documentation and walked me through troubleshooting, and ultimately gave me names of local companies who work on my system. Unfortunately my system (panel and cell) need to be replaced.
Goodness, I hope I don't have to replace both! That stinks, I'm sorry!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.