Posted in spas and hot tubs but doesn't show under forum new content.

willygee

Silver Supporter
Aug 24, 2020
central fla
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
New member relative posted in spas and hot tubs (water chemistry ?'s) but doesn't show under forum new content and getting no response...curious why it doesn't show up in new content.

What is the new members user name and what is the post subject?

Spamaster....... Water balancing and chemistry and wants to take over his spa maintenance.

I see the post.

1690811390457.png

He/she asks a bromine question. I think few of us know the water chemistry for a bromine spa.

I decided not to answer and challenge why bromine is being used and suggest he switch to a chlorine spa.

There is a sticky that should have been seen by him...

This site is focused on chlorine based pool care. Bromine spa care gets on the edge of this communities knowledge.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Can he add straight CYA to 30PPM and then LC like pool owners do?
Sure! Put the CYA into a sock and stick it into the filter compartment, I don't know what effect it will have on an acrylic tub so I would try and keep it off the acrylic. I have a recerc pump so 24 hour filtering and my filters stop below the water line. He may have to run filter cycles if he doesn't have a continuous pump. Or if he can rig up something to dangle it in the tub to be in constant contact with the water. Like a pool, I would give it a little while in the tub and then squish the sock to get it to enter the water quickly.

They can only convert to chlorine after replacing all the water if they are currently using bromine.
You can go to bromine from chlorine but not the other way around.

Reactions: VinnyinNJ
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.