Post what your pool cost you to build...

There are so many variables that affect price. In our case we intentional went fairly basic. No automation, no spa, no waterfall, no slide, no grotto, etc. Our last pool included all these things and we rarely used any of them. This time we focused only on the function that we wanted from the pool, we don't care to impress any of the neighbors ��

A couple other elements that went in our favor...

1) we had wide open access to the site
2) we are in a new custom home neighborhood and many home sites need fill dirt so the dump trucks had less than 1/4 mile to dump dirt at no cost.
3) we are the one of the first houses completed and all the local PB want their signs in the first homes in hopes of landing more jobs.

We we do have a couple neighbors building showcase pools, similar to what a lot of folks here have or would like build. There are a couple $60k+ builds happening in the neighborhood too. These have huge pools with several thousand feet of decking with fire pits and out door kitchens. They are beautiful but way more cash than we are willing to part with.

I have another word I call people who build pools to impress their neighbors....:D

You bring up great points.... especially having open access.

Wow...how the heck are y'alls prices so low?? We did an owner build in ground gunite 36x20. We haven't gotten our finally tally, but will probably be around $55k+. We are in the Dallas area.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

I think it depends a lot on location. We got bids upwards of $70k on our build. I spent months interviewing companies and went with a family run PB that gave me a discount for cash payments. From what I've seen on this forum Arizona and Florida are the cheapest places to put in a pool.

I'm in Ohio. We are in the process of putting in a 20x40 vinyl liner sport pool with pentair equipment & a turbo twister slide. Base price for the pool, slide, & equipment is at $51k. Our fencing is another $7k. We don't have the final cost for the concrete yet, but it's $5.50 per square foot and we are looking at around $5k for the decking. Basic pool is costing a fortune because there are very few builders to choose from in my area. The closest one is the one we went with and he's actually located about 40 miles away.

I'm not going to say my price, because it's not so close to some of the prices here for a similar sized pool of PebbleSheen, 19x38 IGP with dual pumps + booster (bubblers, deck jets and a spa station in the pool), coverstar automatic cover and a travertine deck that's integrated into the pool coping (rectangular travertine, think subway tile)

I almost feel like i'm getting ripped off, but we got bids from several companies and then went to the one we wanted and told them they were going to lose based on price to the lowest one. They matched the price. I know the cover, travertine and separate plumping/pump for the water features were expensive upgrades.

So far we are happy, even at the price we are paying for what we consider our forever house. (We moved in at Christmas...previous move was 17 years ago)

We didn't build ours, but the previous owners paid $50K for this 16000 gallon in-ground, heated pool/spa.
36d66f7a01ff8f0e44c5942170ba4c2d.jpg

That was 16 years ago.

* Edited to add that the hole had to be blasted into rock so we're told that made it pretty pricey in its day.

16,600 gallon, freeform, gunite and plaster pool/spa combo. Hayward SP3207EE pump, S310T sand filter, Century 1081 boost pump and Aqualogic panel.

I'm in Ohio. We are in the process of putting in a 20x40 vinyl liner sport pool with pentair equipment & a turbo twister slide. Base price for the pool, slide, & equipment is at $51k. Our fencing is another $7k. We don't have the final cost for the concrete yet, but it's $5.50 per square foot and we are looking at around $5k for the decking. Basic pool is costing a fortune because there are very few builders to choose from in my area. The closest one is the one we went with and he's actually located about 40 miles away.
Concrete at $5.50 Sq ft is awesome! Near Cincinnati area we paid $9 sq ft last year. And they did a crappy job imo...

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Also see this thread...

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?ur...19971/[URL] Gotta fix link from my computer.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I'm not going to say my price, because it's not so close to some of the prices here for a similar sized pool of PebbleSheen, 19x38 IGP with dual pumps + booster (bubblers, deck jets and a spa station in the pool), coverstar automatic cover and a travertine deck that's integrated into the pool coping (rectangular travertine, think subway tile)

I almost feel like i'm getting ripped off, but we got bids from several companies and then went to the one we wanted and told them they were going to lose based on price to the lowest one. They matched the price. I know the cover, travertine and separate plumping/pump for the water features were expensive upgrades.

So far we are happy, even at the price we are paying for what we consider our forever house. (We moved in at Christmas...previous move was 17 years ago)

As long as you are happy and it was a financially sound decision, I see no reason to worry. Enjoy your pool.

I didn't mean anything. This is my first pool and what started out as $350 project spiraled. The question was posed and I answered. All of these sound fabulous.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I have about $3700 in my 26' ultra frame. $900 for the pool, $300. for the material underneath (sand, crusher, etc.) and $2500 for the deck. That's about a $4000 savings over a hard sided pool, and we are happy with what we have. One pool store closed, and the other sells pools but doesn't install. They were costly anyway.

$56k for everything in the sig plus 4 ft' concrete surround with cantilever coping. The autocover wasn't cheap ($10.5k itself), but watching the cottonwood trees in my neighborhood shed this week has made it worth it. Spending another $6k for more patio and a new fence soon as well.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.