Possible to use a Pentair Quicktouch on a Jandy Aqualink?

SacPoolPro

In The Industry
Aug 23, 2019
Sacramento, CA
Hi I have a customer who asked if I could install a pentair quicktouch on his existing jandy aqualink with the 2.0app. He uses the app for himself and wants the remote to be for guests so they don't change the temperature on the spa and heater.
Has anyone tried this before? They both use RS485 with 4 wires but I don't know if the antennae and remote would communicate with the aqualink.

I doubt it. RS-485 is just the communication protocol and not the language equipment speak. Jandy and Pentair equipment speak different languages.

@ogdento any thoughts?

Why not use a Jandy 4 button spa side remote? You program in the Aqualink what each button does.

My only thought is to agree with Allen... I can't imagine it would work. I've never tried it, but while they both adhere to the rs485 standard (which defines the electrical properties of the drivers/receivers), the communication protocol (as Allen described, the "language they speak") is proprietary on both ends.

I think the iAqualink 2.0 app can run on android, so can you just get a cheap tablet or an old phone and install it on that?

Thanks, I didn't attempt the Quicktouch on the Jandy but I agree I don't think it will communicate with the Pentair board. The spa side hardwired remote wasn't an option in this case because the equipment is in a barage of landscaping thats difficult to get to for Airbnb guests and the spa never had one in the deck.

Here's what I did though... the Jandy RS was upgraded to the aqualink 2.0 board so the owner can have full control over the system. Then I added a handheld Palm controller kit. Because the new main board is a smartphone app board, the Aquapalm only allows basic functionality so no "web" or system setup menu. It didn't solve the heater temperature lockout capability but they can't access the full system menu at least. I wish Jandy would update the lockout feature so temps could be locked and not just the entire circuit. Then it would be perfect. Right now the only good setup for Airbnb houses is the Pentair. Haywards omnilogic isn't a good option either.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.