Possible New Pool In Central FL

Plumbing got finished yesterday (pictures are pre trench fill in) and I was able to run some conduit for future use. Unfortunately both pumps are leaking and 1 light needs to be straightened out.

Attachments

• 20200814_084951.jpg
    20200814_084951.jpg
    466.4 KB · Views: 58
  • 20200814_084901.jpg
    20200814_084901.jpg
    603.4 KB · Views: 66
  • 20200815_084641.jpg
    20200815_084641.jpg
    419.1 KB · Views: 65
They're leaking at the joint shown below. In-between the motor and the pump side.

Plumbers tried to tighten the bolts but it didn't work

Attachments

• 20200813_160543.jpg
    20200813_160543.jpg
    430.6 KB · Views: 49
Ok I need some help on the bubbler issue. The gunite company is being difficult to get on site and claim they have never seen this issue before so they don't know how to fix it. I think the only way to fix this issue is to chip everything out and raise the bubbler and level it out then fill it back in.

Does the hole have to be filled back in with gunite or could concrete be poured in there to fill it up? Worried about voids with gunite unless the repair channel was big enough.

Thoughts or ideas on the repair and concrete?

Chip it out and raise it then patch with bonding agent amd high strength concrete. That's one of the most unpleasant jobs to do in the concrete pool world so keep an eye on whomever does it. The electrical conduit is easy, the horizontal pvc is gonna be a real pain to fix now

Chip it out and raise it then patch with bonding agent amd high strength concrete. That's one of the most unpleasant jobs to do in the concrete pool world so keep an eye on whomever does it. The electrical conduit is easy, the horizontal pvc is gonna be a real pain to fix now

Is this something a DIYer could do themselves? I'm trying to get the gunite company to fix this but they keep skirting the question The horizontal PVC will suck especially since the rebar got bent and I'm not sure of the PVC could be raised (racking my head on this one). My other idea was to try to grind the gunite down around the bubbler to try to get a gentle slope and leave the bubbler where it is.

Here is a picture of the bent rebar the guys cause during gunite

Attachments

• 20200804_075947.jpg
    20200804_075947.jpg
    402.5 KB · Views: 54

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I wouldnt recommend it. This is a finesse situation the bubblers should have been propped up and secure for the shoot at the right elevation. Theres a few crucial things to look out for during a shoot the plumbing is at the top of the list

Well for the first time the gunite company admitted there was an issue and also admitted they need to fix it. They're supposed to be out Monday to evaluate it and see if there is any other option rather than chipping everything out. Pool builders our here are so swamped right now I think the owner was overwhelmed especially with his partner being out due to Covid.

Fingers crossed they come through and fix this (although I am withholding partial payment untill they do to cover myself).

Sadly our automation panel is a special order and won't be here for another week :(

Well I haven't posted for a while because we have officially hit a stall..... 2 of the 3 sheers are backordered with an unknown date, automation panel was supposed to ship 8/31 has an unknown date. Still working the bubbler issue but going to attempt an epoxy fix for it however, when I reached out to the LDS crew for help since the gunite company was ghosting me they discovered they ran a 1" sweep off the bottom and not the 1.5" the instructions call for so I need to get the bubbler ran 1st to ensure this isn't going to cause an issue before I can try the epoxy and then pressure test it to ensure it holds.

Also stalled because we're trying to find someone to build a retaining wall but the quotes have came in a lot higher than we were expecting.

This is fun.....

• Angry
Reactions: kimkats
Alright need some advice since we're approaching the wall being done. We've had quite a bit of weed growth in our fill dirt for the backfill on tbe patio (will be under pavers). Do I need to kill these weeds before moving the dirt around or will it be ok?

Well today we had more tile work done. They're making good progress but they still have 2 or 3 more days of work.

Attachments

• 20200917_153008.jpg
    20200917_153008.jpg
    713.4 KB · Views: 57
  • 20200917_153025.jpg
    20200917_153025.jpg
    779.5 KB · Views: 58
  • 20200917_152952.jpg
    20200917_152952.jpg
    688.8 KB · Views: 55

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.