Pop-ups not lowering

Badapple

Mar 31, 2020
Gilbert, Arizona
I recently replaced my pump and filter system. The replacements were close to the original equipment as possible since my pool was made in 1998. The problem I am having is my pop-ups are in fact working but only to a degree. When the actuator switches to a new set of pop-ups, the pop-ups just used will not sink back into its hole. Because it won't lower into the hole it will not rotate the pop-up. My accuator gears all are new and I have a new actuator speed controller. (its for an AA system). My pop-ups are also new (6 months old). This did not occur with my last pump and (Sand Filter). My new filter is a cartridge type filter. I'm not a tech but I do know pressure from somewhere is causing this problem. The pool people I go to with all my problems are stumped and can only tell me its an acuator problem. However, like I said, everything on the inside is new.

Thank you;

Steve

Steve, welcome to TFP.

@proavia has been helpful with IFCS problems.

Are you the original owner of the pool when the A&A system was installed?

Hi Steve - welcome to TFP :wave:

Can you tell us a bit more about your pool? Please fill out your signature so you don' t have to keep reminding us and we don't have to keep asking. Have a look at @ajw22 or my signature for ideas on what to include. Click on your name in the upper right and then on signature to enter the details of your pool and equipment.

In your A&A water distribution valve, under the gearset, are there acrylic balls or T-valves? If you're unsure, post a pic of the internals. Do you have the pop-up removal tool? Any chance any debris could be in the IFCS distribution piping?

Last edited:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.